Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wonderland

This walk is a walk of faith
hung on the hope of habitating with GOD
Holding out to see the unseeable, know the unknowable
To somehow hear heaven
And pull that realm into this one
Laura


I once was a poor man lost and alone
waiting for a phone call on my cell phone
Or a fax or a letter from God Almighty
To clear up this issue of faith for me

But all I could find at my computer table
Were crumbs of bread on a rabbit trail
And being so terribly poor and hungry
I vowed to follow where e'er they would lead

I left behind my thology
My laws and formal legalities
And plunged head first in the Great Unknown
Where I was suprized by my old cell phone

Curiouser and Curiouser bethought then me
As Verizon rang out in times of three
I reached for the wireless as it hung there
And was astounded by the movement of air

A portal appeared in the dim twilight
And opened upon a fantastic sight
A MAN clothed in white beckoned me through
And the rest of the story is up to you

Will you let go of all you love and own
And completely embrace the GREAT UNKNOWN?
Will you lay down earthly reality
And let faith draw you into eternity?

Not in the distant by and by
But today will you walk where heaven resides?
For a fax or a phone may relay a messah..ge
But I'd rather see the face of GOD


Question...
We are taught to pray "They kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Jesus preached "The kingdom of heaven is AT HAND"

Eph 11:1 says
"Now faith is being SURE of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we do not see"

We cannot see gravity, and yet we are certain it exists because we feel its effects
We cannot see or feel radiation, yet we can measure its presence with a geiger counter.
If we had a God-er counter, could we physically measure the presence of God?
Why would He ask us to pray "Thy kingdom come" if it were not possible for the kingdom of God to come, here, now?
How close is JESUS?
Is HE in the sweet by and by, or is HE in heaven, here, right in our midst? And CAN we see HIM?
Have you seen HIM?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    good stuff!

    Thy Kingdom Come...it is here, at hand, in us, on us....

    but there are days that tell me the reality is that He is so far away from me...and then when I call out to Him the TRUE reality hits me: He is Here, with me...always.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    which reality do YOU believe?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    HE is here, standing in our midst. We walk in the very presence of heaven. If I could only have heav-ray goggles, I'd be able to see what the Father is doing!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    LOL...

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger loren said…

    I like the way the whole posting is about seeking Him, yet the whole exercise in poetry, etc, has been a way of finding Him and helping others connect as well. Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home