Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Attempting to Step Out

I am so hungry to see God show up in a real way in people's lives around me.

My very dear nephew is part of a body that is doing awesome stuff. They head out to the streets and bring heaven to earth. They share the gospel and see folks get healed and set free (they also run into some sticky situations!) Check out this blog. It's full of awesome stories that are taking place here, not just over in some dark place in Africa. (Ryan is not my nephew, he's my nehew's friend and journey mate)

http://kingdompoweronthestreet.blogspot.com/

Also I know this guy who spent a lot of time traveling with John Paul Jackson. He and his buddies go into bookstores and malls and prophecy over people with really accurate words of knowledge. Theyare seeing people getting saved left right and center.

I really want to take the leap, but heretofore have believed I needed to be connected to some big ministry where there was some "covering" that could release me into such things (of course, such a thing does not exist as far as I know) Its just people like you and me stepping out and doing the stuff.

Often I see odd things about people.
For instance, I was checking out my groceies the other day and I looked at the check out lady. She was dressed in this cute pink outfit and all that kept coming to mind was "You look like a Barbie doll!" What an odd thing to say to someone and it wasn't like she was fantastically pretty or physically perfect, but I said it anyway. She responded.. that was funny because her name was Barbie and her husband's name was Ken!

So what do you do with stuff like that? God didn't tell me anything beyond that. So I had her name...But I didn't know it was her name until I said something. And I didn't know anything else God wanted me to say. Maybe it was just a practice run, or maybe I needed to put more effort into strilking up a conversation with her, or just ask her if there was anything going on in her life that she'd like me to agree with her in prayer for.

A guy I met in Columbia who has been going into restaurants and getting cool words for people said you just have to jump in with whatever little thing God gives you and as you talk to the person, God will give you whatever you need.
Talk about scarey. I thought I'd get all the info and know exactly whatI was doing. You know... no room for mistakes. Guess I'm back to that faith walk thing.

Well, I have decided to take the plunge and say whatever convoluted thing I hear the Holy Spirit speak to me. Guess I'll have to be willing to look like a fool for Christ (Heard the other day a quote from someone, not sure who.. I'm a fool for Christ, whose fool are you?)
I'll let you know what happens

And the story goes on..... : )

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    i think the whole Kingdom thing can be sneaky...yesterday i prayed for a client at the ministry i volunteer at...at the end she wiped tears and said.."how did you know those things?"
    i was stunned. "what things?"
    "you prayed very specifically about things that are very definitely goin on in my life"
    (wow..i did? how did THAT happen?)
    my response was "wow..i just prayed what i really felt in my heart what you needed"

    i didnt "try"...i just prayed from that deep place of love for another that is within me as Christ dwells there.

    like someone told me a few days ago: this Kingdom stuff isnt a game...its about having that Christ-love within you that reaches out to another to touch them like Jesus did.
    its not so much like "trying"...its about loving.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Cool Story.
    Guess that way God gets all the glory.
    Its hard to take the glory when you haven't got a clue!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger loren said…

    Very interesting, I'll check out the blog you mentioned.

    By the way, you're right, there is no such thing as 'the covering of the church'. The Bible teaches that the head of every man is Christ.

    I'm not sure if it was Maryann or Becky who recently made the point that churches do not always allow us to fulfill our ministry, and we seem to just keep waiting for their nod. It's a 'control' thing I guess. But if God has nodded and we'll depend on Him, I think that's all the nod we really need.

    Stay encouraged in Him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home