Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Stuff

Wall Mart---

I was checking out and noticed the clerk's name was Gloria. In my mind I heard myself say to her, "Your name is Gloria, but right now you don't feel very glorious, but the Lord wants you to know, He is going to restore your joy" Well, that was cool, so I paid for my goods and walked off.....

"You can go back, you know" the Lord said to me while my heart pounded away in my chest.

I parked my cart and slinked back over to the check out counter where I faithfully delivered the message. Gloria's mouth dropped open and she said, "How did you know? Yesterday I buried my neice." She hugged me and thanked me for the encouraging word and told me how much she needed to hear it.

Belk Department Store---

As I looked at the woman behind the counter, I felt the Lord wanted her to know her father would be ok. Well, for all I knew she was adopted, or her father had died. It's getting a little riskier, now. I made a little small talk and asked if she had grown up around here, which lead to family and I asked if her parents were still living, whew! her dad was still alive and lived in the area. I delivered my message and after a little more discussion discovered that her dad was still active and mowed lawns. I thought, gee, great, he's in great health, well maybe I missed it or maybe something is going to happen to him in the future. However, as the lady kept talking, she disclosed the fact that a few days prior a four wheeler had fallen on her father. Needless to say, I was glad I had confirmation that I had heard God correctly. I told her he'd be fine. She was puzzeled by where I got my info, I didn't eloborate, guess the follow up will need to be better next time.

These kind of events are awesome because they demonstrate the power of God to someone and then you can follow up by answering their now interested questions, It's a great opportunity to share the gospel and I believe will be very effective when I get it right!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    there are days i just want to go HOME.
    i cannot find my gift to save my life.
    i will keep breathing...in and out and someday i will get to go HOME.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    until further notice: Laura is un-bloggable. (her computer conked out and lost all her bookmarks and passwords and she cant remember what password she used to log in to her blog)

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    YAY HOORRAY!!
    she remembered her passwords n stuff...

    she's baaaack

     

Post a Comment

<< Home