Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Old Man on the Road-Side

Well, I've decided that the focus of this blog is going to be testimonies of doing the kingdom stuff. You know the real deal, out on the streets. So here is testimony number one.

Yesterday I was driving down a busy road when I saw an old man walking with a cane and carrying a clear plastic garbage bag with a few cans in it. He was stopping and fishing cans out of the long grass along the side of the road. I drove past and headed home when I became so convicted that I needed to go back and give him what little money I had in my wallet. As I turned around, the Holy Spirit showed me I also needed to pray for healing for the man's throat. This was a leap for me. I am not accustomed to stopping and talking to strangers (I hope to find this a more common occurrence in my life)

I pulled over at a spot close to the old man and got out of my car. As I walked up to him, he asked me if I needed help (funny, huh) I told him I did not, and I handed him what money I had. As I did, I told him that God wanted him to know He had not forgotten Him and He love him. The man looked at me as if I were an angel. He asked me if God sent me to him and I told him yes. Then I told him God wanted to heal his voice, his throat and I asked if I could pray for him. The man nearly broke down in tears. He’d known the Lord all his life and had sung for many years in a quartet in church, but apparently could not sing any longer. He’d been to the doctor and been told it was just old age and there was nothing that could be done for him. I laid my hands on him and prayed and I felt the tangible power of the Holy Spirit fall. When I finished the elderly gentleman thanked me for the money and told me he’d been out collecting cans because he needed ten more dollars to pay a bill. His truck was right around the corner, so he didn’t need a ride, but he promised to get right off the busy highway and go home to his wife (which he did). I do not know the outcome of my prayer for him, but I know I was his divine appointment for that day.

I am so encouraged by my experience and I intend to have many more stories like this (and even better) to share

Have a Blessed day

Laura : )

6 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Gigi said…

    You live RISK EVERYTHING....looking forward to seeing how He uses you...thanks for committing to sharing them here!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Dear BJK

    I wish I really was courageous enough to risk everything. Thanks for the encouragement though. I hope the stories keep getting more exciting!

    L : )

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    and he was your divine appointment too! i love stories like this (and your wal mart lady)...i, too, want to get better at this kinda stuff...thanks for visiting my blog! and sharing your testimony about your daughter! i put u as a link from my blog to yours, if u don't mind b/c i'd like to check in often...fun to find another radical Jesus-lover out there....have a great day...

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    bek

    I dont mind at all. I love knowing there are OTHERS out there!!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    This blog thing is turnung out to be so great. Hearing GOD stories, being encouraged, and hopefully being a witness to others who read them. DONNA Bek's friend!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Hey Donna,
    Thanks for dropping by. It is an encouragement to read what others are doing cause it gives you (me too) the courage to get out there!!!
    The world of blog is a good place to share stories.
    Stay in touch

    Laura : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home