Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Monday, August 22, 2005

I Did

Here's a quote a friend sent me this morning

"God has not sent angels or any other beings other than mankind to possess the kingdom of God. Only man is made in the image of God and today can be filled with the life of the Spirit of the resurrected Christ. Only man has the God-given place to rule and reign with Christ on earth."

I was telling a few friends about the old man on the road side and as I heard the words "Something really cool happened to me today.." come out of my mouth, the Lord quickend my heart and said, "It did not happen to you, you did it."

Now this is partly about that old teaching of not taking glory for anything. I would never say, “Guess what I did” because it might sound proud. But the fact is …..I did. I stepped out in faith. There was no one else there to do it for me. God did not get out of the car and open His mouth. We need to stop being bystanders and expecting Him to show up and do something amazing. WE are His vessels here on this earth. If we do not DO something, who will?


AIMEE SEMPLE McPHERSON
"A Woman of Destiny"


Aimee Semple McPherson has been described as a woman born before her time. Actually, Aimee was the spiritual pioneer who paved the way for the rest of us and should be considered largely responsible for the way we demonstrate Christianity today. Aimee defied all odds. There was nothing mellow about Aimee. There was nothing too radical for Aimee. Whatever it took to "get the people," Aimee did it.
But religion hated Aimee. When denominational politics seemed to hinder and wound so many ministers, Aimee rarely gave them a thought. Instead, she set about building a ministry so vast and so great, that even Hollywood came to take notes. In a time when women were only recognized as an "accessory," to ministry, Aimee built Angelus Temple to include them. When the building filled four times each Sunday, Aimee ventured even further. She built the very first Christian radio station in the world, and founded one of the fastest growing denominations today.
· had 45 lawsuits against her.
· was believed to have been the first woman to cross the country in an automobile.
· was the first woman to own a Christian Radio station.
· was kidnapped by the Ku Klux Klan so that they could hear a private sermon.

I want to be unstoppable. I want to be true to the call of God on my life.

This morning I wrote out prophetic words to several friends that I’m not sure know the Lord. They were on my heart and I intend to give them these encouraging words. Did it get it exactly right? I doubt it. Did I do my best to hear the voice of God for these friends? Yes. Am I coming from a heart of campassion for them? To the best of my ability. So I will jump out and leave the rest up to Him. There isn’t much more I can do than take the leap and trust Him with the results. I am coming to learn. Its either that or nothing at all

Because of His Wonderful Love,
Laura

3 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Gigi said…

    praying boldly for a hearing of yourwords....for the Holy Spirit to be ahead of you and soften and guide their hearts....

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    wow Laura! this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO encouraging - in fact i think i'm gonna come back later and read this when i have more time. thank yOU!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    yay..your blog is back!

    we are Women of God, the unstoppable force, wrecking the world with the Love of Christ for His people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home