Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Waitress and High Water

Then there was the waitress....

She was a teacher, a woman after my own heart
And she was still waiting tables.
I gave her a word about God suppling all her need, but it didn't seem to be enough
So I wrote her a check......
One of my friends also gave her an encouraging word and she was so very thankful.
Tears threatened to overflow and she gave out so many hugs
God is good.

Then there was the hurricane.....

I watched the news all day. I couldn't take my eyes from it. How could such devestation hit our country? I cried out to God to manifest His glory. This disaster is the perfect opportunity for Him to show His strenght.
i know there will be much discussion on this topic. It brings the ephermeral nature of life into stark clarity.
Pray for our countrymen
Do not judge, just pray.

Because of His Wonderful Love,
laura

2 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger MaryAnn Mease said…

    much word going on about the JUDGEMENT of GOD on the wicked city.

    it does seem right in some respect...but what about the wickedness going on in the house down the street from me? or the occasional wickedness that erupts from my OWN house?

    all this talk got me to thinking...If Jesus is Who I am trying to Follow and Be like Him...

    Where would my Jesus be?

    in the Temple safe and dry sneering at the broken and lost?

    nah...the Jesus I see in the New Testament would be about thigh deep in mucky water holding some old lady's hand and consoling her.
    He would be at one of the centers handing out coffee and icewater and listening intently to the stories and offering compassion.
    These people need that....NOT condemnation.

    ...climbing off soapbox now...
    carry on....

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Bek said…

    laura, where are you??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home