Laura's Leap

Taking the leap to explore Kingdom reality and be part of the great converstion

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What to do? What to Do?

So.... I shared one of the words for a friend that I believe the Lord gave me.

Odd thing...

I was headed over to my friend's house and drove right past one road and nearly missed another. I felt the Lord was telling me to be careful to not miss where my friend was at spiritually. I needed to be sensitive and listen carefully.

Nearly as soon as I arrived, my friend shared a dream with me. She rarely remembers her dreams, but this one really stuck with her. However, she had no idea what it meant.... But I did.
In her dream she did exactly the opposite of what my word for her was and she saw my husband (which I knew represented our family)bashing her on the head with something heavy (albeit accidentily) This bashing I am sure represented bible thumping. It was a dream that said, "I feel like you are bashing me over the head with religion and I want to do the very thing your God says I should not do."

I was a little in shock, to say the least. She seemed clueless as to the dream's meaning and there I stood about to open my mouth and share the word the Lord had given me knowing full well she, at least subconsiciously, did not want to hear it.

O me of little faith. What to do, what to do?

I carefully shared the word (which was very positive and encouraging) and she seemed to respond positivlely. She expressed a desire to get closer to God and recognized His hand in her life. But I was still very uncomfortable. Should I tell her the meaning of the dream? Had I really messed up by sharing anything at all?

After talking with a close Christian friend, we agreed I should come clean and tell her the meaning of her dream in compassion and express my concern that she felt I wanted to bash her over the head with my faith. I have NO DESIRE to do any such thing and I want her to be free from such fear.

I am finding this prophecy thing, this following the leading of the Holy Spirit thing, to be a little tricky : )

Another event..

While clothes shopping with my son today and waiting around for him to try stuff on, I asked the Lord to give me someone to minister to. I wanted to pray with someone. Soon enough I saw a young clerk wearing hearing aids. She was arranging clothes and kept walking by me. I was nervous about stepping out, but finally decided the next time she walked by, I would ask her if I could pray for her ears.

She wandered off and a 30 something man stood near me looking at pants. I struck up a converstion with him and he shared that he could possibly be leaving for the war shortly to do a year term and his wife was due with their first baby very soon. I asked if I could pray with him and he was delighted. We prayed and the spirit of God felt like a big hug, warm and wonderful. Turns out, he is the cousin of the man we purchased our home from and his brother-in-law lives right around the corner from us. Neat connections.

He went in to try things on and I saw the young deaf girl again. I asked her if I could pray for her and she thanked me and said, "No thanks, I am proud of who I am"
Odd... you think you should go one direction, but God has another plan.

Well, I am learning and I intend to keep up this great experiment.

Laura : )

5 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Bek said…

    wow two cool things! both so relatable to me right now. thinking its one and then its the other God has in mind - and sharing the prophetic - how did ur friend take it? i am in a similar situation right now......

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    She didn't seem to think I was sharing anything unusual. In fact, as I began to share my vision with her, she jumped in and filled in some of the details!

    So I guess God was doing something : )

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Gigi said…

    Is this the same woman you blogged about going to see??

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Yes, it is

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Gigi said…

    Don't you love it!!!! God is sooo good!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home